Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Body, My Life, My Joy... All mine



Excerpts from my interview with Sunday's Zaman, 18.12.2011

Exhibition: In the State of Ecstasy

The struggle and obligation for women to prove themselves all through their lives comes with an enormous psychological and physical load, a load that is hard to carry. Honestly, most of the time I wonder how we bear it. In the past, I have taken part in shows both in New York and Istanbul concentrating on similar issues: womanhood, bodies and reproduction, and psychological reflections of being female. 

In this exhibition, however, I wanted to celebrate the female energy and power. Only by emphasizing the importance of empowering the female population, we can overcome some of the problems. 

To read the full article: https://www.ozlempaker.com/publications

No comments:

Post a Comment